Offered for sale is a scarce 1968 German sampler LP titled That’s Underground, featuring tracks from a number of popular Columbia artists including Bob Dylan, Spirit and Janis Joplin, and pressed on beautiful multicolored vinyl.
In the late 1960s, CBS Records in Germany pressed several sampler LPs showcasing then-popular artists on the label, and each of the records were pressed on multicolored vinyl in order to attract buyers.
That’s Underground was released in 1968 or so, and includes the following tracks:
- The Electric Flag-Killing Floor
- Spirit- Mechanical World
- The Chambers Brothers-Time Has Come Today
- Leonard Cohen-Suzanne
- Moby Grape-Can’t Be So Bad
- Big Brother & The Holding Company-Piece Of My Heart
- The United States Of America-Hard Coming Love
- Blood, Sweat And Tears- My Days Are Numbered
- Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited
- Al Kooper/Steve Stills-You Don’t Love Me
The album was pressed on multicolored vinyl; mostly orange with streaks of blue, green, and yellow.
About this copy: This copy of That’s Underground is an original German pressing from the late 1960s, and is pressed on beautiful orange/blue/green/yellow multicolored vinyl.
The cover is VG++, with traces of wear at the corners. The vinyl is M- and aside from a spindle mark or two on the labels, appears to be virtually unplayed.
A gorgeous copy of a terrific album.