Offered for sale is a rare purple vinyl pressing of Omayyad by Pink Floyd, released by the collectible Trademark of Quality label and including the original insert.
This LP appears black at first glance, but is clearly purple when held to the light.
About this copy: This copy of Omayyad is a 1973 fifth pressing, with the “sideways pig” or “farm pig” labels and a gold metallic sticker on the cover that says “Genuine Trade Mark of Quality.”
Matrix numbers are PF515A-1/B-2.
The blue cover is M- on the front and VG+ on the back, with slight ring wear. The title has been stamped on the cover, and it’s clean and fully legible.
The original insert is M-.
The purple vinyl disc is VG++ and close to M-, with a couple of faint sleeve scuffs. There’s a bit of foxing on the labels.
A beautiful copy of a rare Pink Floyd LP. This copy comes from our own collection; we’ve had it since 1978.
Background: Released in 1972, Omayyad (sometimes written as, “Omay yad) was one of only two Pink Floyd titles (the other was Pink Floyd Live, aka “Cymbaline”) released on the Trademark or Quality label, as the band had not yet become superstars during the label’s heyday.
Both titles are quite rare today.
Omayyad included a mixture of both studio and live tracks:
- Oenone (studio outtake from the soundtrack to Zabriskie Point)
- Fingal’s Cave (studio outtake from the soundtrack to Zabriskie Point)
- Interstellar Overdrive (live – Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, California, May 1, 1970*)
- Crumbling Land (long version; studio outtake from the soundtrack to Zabriskie Point)
- Rain in the Country (studio outtake from the soundtrack to Zabriskie Point)
- Embryo (live – Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, California, May 1, 1970*)
*The live tracks were long thought to come from an October 27, 1971 show in Chicago, Illinois, but this has turned out to be incorrect.
This record is eligible for PayPal Credit financing by PayPal. U.S. customers may choose to pay later at checkout, and may receive up to six months financing with no interest. Click the banner below for more information. (opens in a new window)
|Country of origin:||U.S.|
|Record Label:||Trademark of Quality|
|Year of Release:||1972|