Offered for sale is a copy of the rare Japan-only compilation LP The Midnight Jazz, Vol. 4 featuring Miles Davis, the Modern Jazz Quartet and others, including the original obi and cheesecake cover.
About this copy: This copy of The Midnight Jazz Vol. 4 is a 1970 pressing on the Prestige label.
The cover is M- on the outside and VG+ on the inside, with slight foxing.
The obi is M- with trace wear at the top edge. The “hojyuhyo,” or reorder tag, is still attached.
This LP was issued without an insert.
The disc is M- with a couple of spindle marks on the labels, but no marks on the vinyl. Clean disc!
A nice copy of a rare Jazz LP.
Background: The Midnight Jazz, Vol. 4 was the fourth in a series of at least six Jazz-themed compilation albums released in Japan in 1970.
All of the albums featured cheesecake covers and all are fairly rare.
- Round Midnight – Miles Davis
- There’s a Small Hotel – Stan Getz
- All the Things You Are – Modern Jazz Quartet
- Polka Dots and Moonbeams – Herbie Mann
- Lullaby of Birdland -Jaki Byard
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes – Thelonious Monk
- My Funny Valentine – Miles Davis
- In a Sentimental Mood – Modern Jazz Quartet with Sonny Rollins
- The Breeze and I – Kenny Burrell
- Harlem Nocturne – Freddie McCoy
This record is eligible for PayPal Credit financing by PayPal. U.S. customers may choose to pay later at checkout, and may receive up to six months financing with no interest. Click the banner below for more information. (opens in a new window)
|Country of origin:||Japan|
|Year of Release:||1970|