Offered for sale is a complete copy of the rare Japan-only triple album The Originals II by Kiss, including the original obi and all inserts.
About this copy: This copy of The Originals II is an original 1978 pressing of the Japan-only 3 LP set on the Casablanca label.
This set includes:
- The Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over, and Love Gun LPs.
- Custom inner sleeve for each album, resembling the album’s original cover
- Lyric booklet
- Photo booklet
- Four masks, with one resembling each of the four band members
All of the contents listed above are included.
The cover is VG++, with slight edge and corner wear. The original obi is included and is M-.
The lyric book, masks and inner sleeves are M-; the photo booklet is VG++, with slight edge wear.
The records are M- with one or two spindle marks on the labels, but no marks on the vinyl.
A nice copy of a terrific Kiss rarity and the nicest copy we’ve ever had for sale.
Background: In 1976, the fourth album by Kiss, Destroyer, became the band’s first album to be certified gold. In order to spur sales of the band’s first three albums, Casablanca Records repackaged those three albums in a special triple album called The Originals.
The Originals reached #36 on the U.S. charts, and sold well in several other countries, including Japan.
In 1978, the band’s Japanese record label decided to create a similar package for the band’s fourth, fifth and sixth albums – Rock and Roll Over, Destroyer, and Love Gun.
This set was released to promote the band’s 1978 tour of Japan.
This album was titled The Originals II, and was issued in Japan only. The album was available for a short time only and has never been reissued.
The Originals II came in a gatefold cover that was similar to that used on The Originals and contained the following items:
- Three discs containing the material from Rock and Roll Over, Destroyer, and Love Gun
- A paper inner sleeve for each disc printed with that album’s original cover art
- A black and white booklet with lyrics (in English and Japanese) and liner notes (in Japanese only)
- A color photo booklet
- A 12″x12″ paper mask representing each of the four band members
The album rarely turns up for sale and when it does, the masks (and the obi on the cover) are nearly always missing.