Offered for sale is a copy of RCA Disco & Pops ’78 ’79, a Japanese promo-only sampler LP featuring tracks by David Bowie, Dolly Parton, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Jefferson Starship and others.
Side one of this LP features “Disco” tracks and side two features “pop” tracks. Song titles are in English on the cover, but all liner notes and label information are in Japanese. Most of the artists on the LP are pictured on the front cover.
About this copy: This copy of RCA Disco & Pops ’78 ’79 is a 1979 Japanese pressing on the RCA label.
The cover is VG+ with light general wear, some spine wear and some staining along the spine.
This LP was issued without an obi or an insert.
The white label promotional disc is VG++ with a single inaudible mark on each side. There are a number of spindle marks on the labels, but the disc is very clean.
A nice copy of a rare rock sampler.
Background: Released in 1979, RCA Disco & Pops ’78 ’79 was issued by RCA Japan to promote their then-popular and up and coming artists in both the disco and pop genres.
Side one features “Disco” tracks and side two features “Pop” tracks.
Side One (Disco side)
- Shame – Evelyn “Champagne” King
- Days of Pearly Spencer – Trademark
- Soul Love – David Bowie
- Themes from the Wizard of Oz – Meco
- Parlez-vous Francais? – Baccara
- Love is in the Air – Jay Black
- Disco Queen – Sylvie Vartan
Side Two (Pop side)
- It’s a Laugh – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- My Angel Baby – Toby Beau
- If I Sing You a Love Song – Bonnie Tyler
- He’s So Fine – Kristy & Jimmy McNichol
- Heartbreaker – Dolly Parton
- Crazy Feelin’ – Jefferson Starship
|Country of origin:||Japan|
|Year of Release:||1979|