Offered for sale is a rare purple vinyl pressing of Springfield Roots by Buffalo Springfield, issued on the Trademark of Quality label.
Note: This LP also includes tracks by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and Poco.
About this copy: This copy of Springfield Roots is a 1972 pressing on the Trademark of Quality label.
The cover is likely not original; it is a plain white cover in VG+ condition. It has a bit of general wear, but no writing or splits.
The insert is a reproduction.
The purple vinyl disc has the later “Smoking Pig” label and is a rare variation on this title and it is translucent with slight marbling. The disc is M- on side one and VG+ on side two, as that side has a couple of light scratches that should be inaudible.
A nice copy of a rare Buffalo Springfield/CSNY/Poco collectible.
Background: Springfield Roots was originally released in 1970 on the 5D label. It was reissued on the Trademark of Quality label in 1972.
While billed as a Buffalo Springfield album, the LP actually only has two Buffalo Springfield tracks, along with tracks by Poco and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
- Bluebird – Buffalo Springfield (unreleased mono mix with Neil Young guitar overdubs)
- Baby Don’t Scold Me (stereo mix)
- Hard Luck – Poco (demo)
- My Kind of Love – Poco (demo)
- 49 Bye Byes – Crosby, Stills, Nash (demo)
- So Begins the Task – CSNY (listed as “I Must Learn to Live” on the insert)
- Bluebird Revisited – CSNY (listed as “Listen Once Again to My Bluebird” on the insert)
- Down by the River – CSNY (all three CSNY tracks live from Greek Theater, Los Angeles August 26, 1969)
|Country of origin:||U.S.|
|Record Label:||Trademark of Quality|
|Year of Release:||1972|