Offered for sale is a rare red marbled vinyl pressing of Springfield Roots by Buffalo Springfield, issued on the Trademark of Quality label.
Note: This LP also includes tracks by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and Poco.
About this copy: This copy of Springfield Roots is a 1972 pressing on the Trademark of Quality label.
The disc is a reddish-brown vinyl with a number of swirls in it. It has the early labels with “1” and “2” with rings around the edge, which is the label that immediately preceded the labels with the “sideways pig” logo.
The cover is plain white, with no stamped title or sticker. The cover has the original shrink wrap and is M-.
The insert is original and is M-.
The marbled vinyl disc is M- on side one and VG++ on side two, with a few faint sleeve scuffs but no significant marks. Clean disc!
A nice copy of a rare Buffalo Springfield/CSNY/Poco collectible.
Background: Springfield Roots was originally released in 1970 on the 5D label. It was reissued on the Trademark of Quality label in 1972.
While billed as a Buffalo Springfield album, the LP actually only has two Buffalo Springfield tracks, along with tracks by Poco and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
- Bluebird – Buffalo Springfield (unreleased mono mix with Neil Young guitar overdubs)
- Baby Don’t Scold Me (stereo mix)
- Hard Luck – Poco (demo)
- My Kind of Love – Poco (demo)
- 49 Bye Byes – Crosby, Stills, Nash (demo)
- So Begins the Task – CSNY (listed as “I Must Learn to Live” on the insert)
- Bluebird Revisited – CSNY (listed as “Listen Once Again to My Bluebird” on the insert)
- Down by the River – CSNY (all three CSNY tracks live from Greek Theater, Los Angeles August 26, 1969)
|Country of origin:||U.S.|
|Record Label:||Trademark of Quality|
|Year of Release:||1972|