A scarce copy of Great White Wonder by Bob Dylan on the Trademark of Quality label, pressed on orange and blue vinyl.
Offered for sale is a copy of the 2 LP set Great White Wonder by Bob Dylan, pressed on orange and blue vinyl and issued by the Trademark of Quality label.
Great White Wonder was one of the first “underground” LPs to be issued on the market, originally reaching stores in mid-1969 in plain white covers. The album contained early studio outtakes and collaborations with The Band from 1967.
The album was originally packaged in a plain white cover with no identification on it at all, and it became a surprise best-seller and spawned the popular and collectible Trademark of Quality label. The album had numerous repressings over the years and was issued with a variety of covers and a few of the pressings were colored vinyl.
Tracks on the 2 LP set are:
- “Candy Man”
- “(As I Go) Ramblin’ ‘Round” (Woody Guthrie)
- “Black Cross” (Joseph S. Newman / Lord Buckley)
- “I Ain’t Got No Home” (Woody Guthrie)
- “The Death of Emmett Till”
- “Poor Lazarus” (Traditional)
- “Bob Dylan’s New Orleans Rag”
- “If You Gotta Go, Go Now (Or Else You Got to Stay All Night)”
- “Only a Hobo”
- “Sitting On a Barbed Wire Fence”
- “Mighty Quinn” (take 1)
- “This Wheel’s on Fire” (Bob Dylan and Rick Danko)
- “Baby Please Don’t Go” (Big Joe Williams)
- Interview by Pete Seeger
- “Dink’s Song” (Traditional)
- “See That My Grave Is Kept Clean” (Blind Lemon Jefferson)
- “East Orange New Jersey”
- “Man of Constant Sorrow” (Traditional)
- “I Shall Be Released”
- “Open the Door, Homer” (take 1)
- “Too Much of Nothing” (take 2)
- “Nothing Was Delivered” (take 1)
- “Tears of Rage” (take 2)
- “Living the Blues” (Live, The Johnny Cash Show)
About this copy: This copy of Great White Wonder is a later pressing on the Trademark of Quality label, and features the “smoking pig” labels.
The cover is a plain white cover, and is completely unmarked – no title, no sticker. The cover is VG+, with slight ring wear. The original insert with track listings and titles is included.
Disc 1, (blue vinyl) – Disc is VG++; there is a faint, inaudible mark across the entire side of side 1. Side two has a faint and inaudible mark across the first two tracks on the side. Aside from these marks, the disc appears to have had little play.
Disc 2 (orange vinyl) – Disc is M- and looks unplayed. There are a couple of round marks on the label.
A nice copy of a classic album that’s hard to find on colored vinyl.
This record is eligible for PayPal Credit financing by PayPal. U.S. customers may choose to pay later at checkout, and may receive up to six months financing with no interest. Click the banner below for more information. (opens in a popup window)
- Country of origin:
- Record Label:
- Trademark of Quality
- Catalog Number:
- Year of Release:
- circa 1972
- Share this: