We know you can buy rare records from a number of sources, and we hope you’ll shop with us. Here are a few reasons why we think you’ll like shopping here:
1. Free shipping. That’s right. If you live in the United States, the shipping is free. With every order, you will receive shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation at no charge. For orders of more than $750, we will ship by Priority Mail and will require a signature for delivery. This adds extra security, and also is required by PayPal as part of their shipping requirements.
2. Interest-free Financing on orders of $99 or more. You can get financing, interest free, for up to six months using PayPal’s Bill Me Later Feature. (U.S. customers only.) For full details, click on the banner below. (Opens in new window)
We will try, when possible, to get your orders in the mail within 24 hours of your placing them. Mail pickup is late in the day here, so we can often get your order out the same day you place it.
4. Proper packing. We will ship all records in proper mailers, designed exclusively for mailing record albums. Each package will include cardboard stiffeners for extra support. High value items will be shipped double-boxed.
Pictured is a record we once received from an eBay seller. We know you expect better, and you’ll receive it.
5. Clean records. We clean every record we sell on a Keith Monks professional record cleaning machine. We don’t like to have to clean records we buy through the mail, so why should you? When you open your package from us, your record will be clean and ready to play.
6. Rice paper inner sleeve. We’ll include a high quality, rice-paper inner sleeve for every record you buy from us. Paper sleeves are dirty and abrasive, and don’t do anything good for your vinyl. We’ll include the original sleeve when possible, but we’ll always ship the record itself in a high-quality, low-friction inner sleeve.
At RareRecords.net, we’ll do our best to make sure that the vinyl you buy from us arrives promptly, arrives intact, and arrives clean and ready to play. We’re collectors ourselves, and we wouldn’t settle for anything less. We don’t see any reason why you should have to settle for less, either.
7. A lot less hassle than buying on eBay. We’re collectors ourselves; we’ve bought our fair share of records on eBay. We’ve mostly been happy with our purchases, but we’ve also had our share of nightmares:
- Sellers who don’t know what they’re selling
- Sellers who don’t understand grading
- Sellers who don’t understand how to pack properly
- Sellers who don’t take returns
We can’t tell you how many people we’ve encountered over the years who say, “I hate eBay.” The site has its fans, but it’s not for everyone. We try to make buying records as simple and hassle-free as possible. If you’re happy with your purchase, great. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, let us know. We’ll always accept returns (except on sealed items which have been opened.) If you hate shopping on eBay, you’ll like buying records here.